After 21 + years in the career development business, I have seen the unique skill sets required for effective healthcare leaders. One key I have discovered is that effective leaders are continuous learners who never stop growing and developing their skills and talents.
I have found important learning traits that effective leaders require:
- New levels of perception and insight into the realities of the world and also into themselves
- Extraordinary levels of motivation to go through the inevitable pain of learning and change
- The emotional strength to manage their own and others' anxiety as learning and change become more and more a way of life
- New skills in analyzing and changing cultural assumptions
- The willingness and ability to involve others and elicit their participation
- The ability to learn the assumptions of a whole new organizational culture
An essential part of effective leadership and growth is networking. Wiederhold & Associates has developed the most in-depth premium network of senior healthcare professionals in the country. The Premium Active Network program was developed for individuals who see the value of networking, gaining visibility in the industry and building mutually beneficial relationships.
At Wiederhold & Associates, we are a leading provider of career development, transition services and executive coaching to the healthcare industry. We help individuals and organizations with the tools and resources to develop and sustain exceptional leadership performance. Through networking and coaching, we are always focused on relationship building with a personal touch.
Throughout the year, I will be sending periodic communications through email and social media that will keep you informed of topics on leadership effectiveness and managing your career for a lifetime.
Here’s to your success!